When clients install managed package developed by us into their Salesforce Organization, if they face a technical problem and need us to debug our package in their Organization, we need their Salesforce login credentials. But most of the times clients do not want to share their credentials.
Solution to this problem is License Management App (LMA). Using LMS we can access client’s organization without credentials, provided client grants access to us first. This feature is only available for managed packages that have passed the security review.
Customer can grant login access through following steps:
- At the top of any Salesforce page, click the down arrow next to your name. From the menu under your name, select Setup or My Setting – whichever one appears.
- From the left pane, select one of the following:
- If you clicked Setup, select My Personal Information | Grant Login Access.
- If you click My Settings, select Personal | Grant Account Login Access.
- Grant login access to those organizations/users to whom you want to.
- Set the access expiration date by choosing a value from the picklist (1 month).
- Click Save.
Leave A Comment