What is DevOps?
DevOps is a set of practices that combines software development and other IT operations. It shortens the systems development life cycle and aims to provide continuous delivery with high-quality software.
Who is DevOps Engineer?
They are either developers who get curious about deployment and network operations, sysadmin, or even testers who have a passion for scripting and coding and enter the development side where they will improve the planning of test and deployment. They learn a few concepts that can separate them from the crowd. For Example- Source code Management. They also have experience in logging and monitoring tools.
DevOps engineer introduces methodologies, processes, and tools to balance needs throughout the software development life cycle, from coding and deployment to maintenance and updates.
- Linux Fundamentals and Scripting.
- Infrastructure as code.
- Knowledge of various tools and technologies.
- Cloud Experience and key Concepts.
- Continuous Integration and Delivery.
- Communication and Collaboration with Others.
Job Roles and Responsibilities
- DevOps Evangelist:- Leader responsible for implementing DevOps
- Release Manager:- Responsible for releasing a product and manage post-release product stability
- Automation Expert:- Responsible for achieving automation and orchestration of tools
- Software Developer/ Tester:- Responsible for Developing and testing of a product.
- Quality Assurance:- Responsible for quality of the product and Requirements fulfillments.
- Security Engineer:- Responsible for product security and health