Understanding the purpose and usage of Inflector in Cakephp
The Inflector class in cakephp is used to modify single/multi word strings into different formats using its build-in methods. We don’t need to use core php methods such as str_replace if you want to remove space/underscore between the words, convert string to CamelCase etc.
There are various methods of inflector class that are briefly described below.
Include – use Cake\Utility\Inflector at the top of the php file.
1. classify(): This method basically returns the standard form of the text.
<?php $string = “people”; Inflector ::classify($string); ?&rt; Output: Person
Similarly other examples are:
E.g. $string = “Excel 2016 basic” or $string = “Excel_2016_basic”
2. camelize(): It converts the string to CamelCase.
<?php $string = “webner solutions”; Inflector ::camelize($string); ?&rt; Output: WebnerSolutions
3. pluralize(): It converts the singular word to plural form.
<?php $string = “Learn the basic”; Inflector ::pluralize($string); ?&rt; Output: Learn the basics
4. singularize() : It returns the pluralize word into singular form.
<?php $string = “Oranges”; Inflector ::singularize($string); ?&rt; Output: Orange
5. underscore(): It converts the CamelCase String to underscore string.
<?php $string = “LearnByDoing”; Inflector ::underscore($string); ?&rt; Output: learn_by_doing
6. humanize(): It converts the lower case words with capitalized ones and replace underscore with spaces.
<?php $string = “this is not an easy_task.”; Inflector ::humanize($string); ?&rt; Output: This Is Not An Easy Task
7. dasherize(): It converts CamelCased or underscored string to dashed string.
<?php $string = “printTitlesGridlinesAndHeadings“; Inflector ::dasherize($string); ?&rt; Output: print-titles-gridlines-and-headings
8. variable(): It returns camelBacked version of the an underscored-string.
<?php $string = “Basic_style_string”; Inflector ::variable($string); ?&rt; Output: basicStyleString