In moodle, there can be various conditions based on which we can restrict visibility of an activity to all or some specific users even when activity has been created in course and is available to users.
First Red Box area in the screenshot below depicts the restrictions based on date Read more…
In case you would like to create test cases or record bugs inside Salesforce you can create custom objects for this.
Steps for test cases object creation:
Select->Setup->create object->new custom object
Then we can add custom fields and relationships or the validation Read more…
1. Click on the database (from list of databases on the phpMyAdmin home screen) in which you want to rename table name.
2. You will see a list of tables on click of the database.
3. Select the table and there is a dropdown below the tables with Read more…
PDO stands for PHP Data Objects. PDO is a consistent way to access databases.
Today, mostly websites or desktop based applications store their data in databases. Therefore, PHP has also provided the way to connect with databases.
PHP supports following ways to connect to the database:
1. Mysql Read more…
In Moodle when we create a new course we have an option to add summary/description of course. We can use this summary anywhere while showing courses. This summary could be anything. It can be simple text, image, multimedia or hyperlinks.
Hyperlinks are 2 forms:
Hyperlink launches a Read more…
We can send ical attachment in email using attach ical file (filename with .ics file extension).
For example, following is the object containing the information about ical like event start date and time, location, event summary etc:
$ical_content = “BEGIN:VCALENDAR
PRODID://Drupal iCal API//EN
BEGIN:VEVENT Read more…
1. How to see svn code committed in eclipse related to your Jira ticket?
One of the important features of Jira is that you can see all your svn commit history related to a task in it.
Steps that we have to follow:
Svn commit: To do svn Read more…
This post briefly describes how to connect to dropbox from Zoho CRM in Deluge script and create a folder in Dropbox. Further integration can be done as required according to your project.
1. Login into your Dropbox account and generate access token from account’s APP console:
2. In Zoho Read more…
We can perform load testing in selenium using thread Pool Size and invocationCount attributes of Test annotation.
ThreadPoolSize will create a pool of threads with the help of which test method can be run via multiple threads.
For Example: if we want to run a test method for Read more…
FPDF (To generate PDF files)
Using PHP we can generate PDF files dynamically. FPDF is a free PHP class that contains a number of PHP functions with the help of which we can create and manipulate PDFs. To get started with FPDF, we just need to download FPDF library from Read more…
Problem: In our application, we have created the session token to provide secure access. We were using current system time stamp in our token as one of the key component. But after upgrading MySQL 5.5 to MySQL 5.7, we were getting random results. Most of the Read more…
1. Open Adobe Captivate.
2. Go to Edit->Preferences. A screen will appear like this:
3. Now click on reporting and select LMS as Internal Server.
4. Now click on configuration. A new popup screen will be displayed like below:
5. Enter server URL and save.
When student will Read more…
In Postgresql we can save the default timestamp with now() method:
CREATE TABLE test
id serial NOT NULL,
name character varying(255),
last_modified_time timestamp without time zone DEFAULT now()
This will save the date timestamp in this format:
If we want to use the last_modified_time in code we usually convert Read more…
Adding images and links in Jira
1. Adding an image in Jira comment: There are two ways using which we can insert an image in Jira:
User can specify various attributes to the image such as height, width, horizontal space, Vertical space etc.
2. Adding an Read more…
Whenever the situation occurs to rerender the page contents without reloading the whole page, we use ajax in it. By using ajax we get the response data back in the success function which we will show on the screen. Let’s have a look:
In the above screenshot Read more…
1. Log on to AWS console account.
2. Click on Snapshot option:
3. Right Click on the desired snapshot ID and select Modify permissions:
4. Select the option whether to share it publicly or you can share it in private:
5. Add the valid AWS Account Number in the provided Read more…
When we pass a floating point value to a variable, then the value which we store in the variable is not the actual value but it is something approximately near to that number which transfers to that variable.
Let us understand this by a PHP example:
<?php Read more…
How to enable or disable autocommit of changes in MySQL using MySQL workbench?
Go to Edit->Preferences->SQL Editor->SQL Execution and check your current settings:
Also commit/rollback can be done with the buttons on SQL tab Read more…
Situation: We have a web to lead form and every time we create a lead it always takes “Personal” as record type which is default record type in our org. We want to set another recordType like Agentco or Trucking etc of lead.
Initially, we thought that triggers Read more…
AWS: Upgrading MySQL version
Below are few step to upgrade Mysql version very easily on AWS-RDS:
1. Log on to AWS console.
2. Open AWS RDS from Database section:
3. Click on Instances:
4. Select the Database Instance which you want to upgrade:
5. Right Click on Read more…