Error: “SEC7111: HTTPS security is compromised by (null)” error in IE11
I recently encountered an issue that a web page does not work in IE11 and throws exception “SEC7111: HTTPS security is compromised by (null)”.
By analyzing the page script, I found that IE threw the exception from document.write() function. This error shows up when you are running IE11 with document mode 9~11.
You can also reproduce this issue by following these steps:
1. Browse https://www.google.com in IE11.
2. Launch F12 developer toolbar and ensure the current document mode is greater than or equal to 9.
3. Execute following script in the console.
4. The script fails to execute and throws the exception: “SEC7111: HTTPS security is compromised by (null)”:
1. Use the DOM manipulation API to control the DOM rather than document.write().
2. Add X-UA-Compatible meta tag or HTTP response header to force IE to run with legacy document mode: 5, 7, 8.
X-UA-Compatible meta tag:
<html> <head> <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=8" /> ... </head> <body> </body> </html>
X-UA-Compatible HTTP response header:
After that, this error will be resolved.