If you want to programmatically read values of certain fields, those field must be visible in the layout. To change field visibility follow these steps:
1. Login and click on setup link.
2. Click Security Controls in Administrator menu.
3. Click on Field Accessibility.
4. Click on the object name in which field exists.
5. Choose your view – Click View by fields.
6. Choose a field to view its visibility detail.
7. You can view and change the visibility here for different roles.
Webner Solutions is a Software Development company focused on developing CRM apps (Salesforce, Zoho), LMS Apps (Moodle/Totara), Websites and Mobile apps. If you need Salesforce customization, App development or any other software development assistance please contact us at email@example.com