A theme can be installed in Moodle/Totara by two different methods:
A) Installing theme via FTP
1. Login to your FTP client server where your Moodle/Totara is installed
2. Go to Moodle “Theme” directory and place the theme folder which you have extracted from the Zip in it
3. Ensure that the New Theme folder and its contents are readable by the server. Change the Read and Write permission of it (incorrect permission may prevent the display of newly installed theme)
4. Login to your Moodle site and go to Administration > Site administration > Notification, you will see a Notification for theme to be installed. Click “Upgrade Moodle Database now” button to continue.
B) Installing theme via uploaded ZIP folder
1. Login as an admin and go to Administration > Site administration > Plugins.
2. Click the link ‘Install add-ons’.
3. Choose the “Plugin type” as “Theme (theme)”
4. Then upload theme zip folder or drag and drop zip folder in the “ZIP package” area.
5. Accept “Acknowledgement” and then click “Install add-on from the ZIP file” button to continue.
6. Check that you obtain a ‘Validation passed!’ message, then click the button ‘Install add-on’.
Theme is successfully installed.
Webner Solutions is a Software Development company focused on developing CRM apps (Salesforce, Zoho), LMS Apps (Moodle/Totara), Websites and Mobile apps. If you need LMS app development or any other software development assistance please contact us at email@example.com