1. A penny for your thoughts: A way of asking what someone thinks about something.
Example: The new Salesforce Internet of Things (IoT) can be the next big thing, a penny for your thoughts?
2. Back to the drawing board: When an attempt fails and work needs to be started from the beginning.
Example: The code which he wrote did not work and his team is back to the drawing board.
3. Burn the midnight oil: To work late into the night.
Example: He started burning the midnight oil and completed his project in just 2 months.
4. Last Straw: The final problem in a series of problems.
Example: He was already late for work but his last straw was when his car ran out of petrol.
5. On the ball: When someone understands something well.
Example: Just two weeks into the project, the new intern was on the ball.
6. Call it a day: This is used when someone wants to say that work for the day is over.
Example: He was asked to call it a day when they saw him working even after 10pm.
7. Sleep on it: To take time to think about something.
Example: I cannot figure out a solution to the bug reported by you, let me sleep on it and I will get back to you in the evening.
8. Keep me in the loop: To be informed about everything regarding something.
Example: I will not be able to reply your email but keep me in the loop about upcoming website’s features.